The purpose of this role is to assist in the research, planning, evolution, and implementation of the supporting technology infrastructure.
To provide effective IT assistance across all aspects of the business and provide backup and support to the IT Team. The position is responsible for the support and maintenance of all systems and devices to ensure the business is able run in a consistent and efficient manner.
o Responsible for monitoring backups and replications performed by Nexus NCCBDR
o Diagnosing and resolving technical issues
o Installing, supporting, and maintaining MS Server/Laptops/Desktops/Office 365, Veeam and VMWare
o Setting up new laptops in adherence to existing policies
o Installing authorised software listed on the Control of Software document
o Scheduling upgrades and security backups of hardware and software systems, ensuring that upgrades are applied to all systems and kept up to date
o Providing users with appropriate support and advice, resolving tickets in a timely manner whilst delivering a first-class service
o Reporting faults and maintaining logs on servers, desktops, and laptops.
o Support remote satellite offices, conducting site visits for support and system development projects
o Setting up new users and disabling expired accounts in accordance with HR requirements
o Installing and maintaining Trend WFBS
o Project management as instructed by the IT Manager and SLT, including drafting proposals, process notes and working with approved vendors
o Additional responsibilities as requested by the IT Manager
• Excellent written & verbal communication skills
• A good head for prioritisation and time management
• Good problem solving and analysis skills
• Experience with Office365, SharePoint, Sage products and various corporate antivirus software solutions, VMWare, Veeam and web technologies.
• Understanding of networks, internet connectivity and networking devices i.e. routers, switches, printers, wireless access points etc...
• Willingness to learn and research new technologies and systems.
• Experience/knowledge of Active Directory, Exchange, Windows Servers, Virtualisation, Firewalls, Broadband and Networking, Office 365.
• CompTIA A+ 220-1002
• MCSA or equivalent role-based certifications
Why work for LIFT?
- Discretionary annual bonus
- 23 days holiday, plus bank holidays, plus a bonus day off for your birthday
- Holidays increase with the length of service – 24 days after three years, 25 after five years
- Option to buy or sell up to 5 days additional days holiday via salary sacrifice
- Flexible working hours between 7 am and 6 pm – we all have busy personal lives
- Permanent Health Insurance
- 5% employer/3% employee pension contribution – plus 50% employer NI saving too
- 4 x Death in Service
The ‘bonus’ extras…
- We encourage exams for all roles at LIFT. If a qualification will help you progress and grow within your role, we will support you on your learning journey
- Quarterly staff recognition and rewards
If this fantastic job opportunity is something you would be interested in applying for or you have any questions about this role, please give us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org